Our Dogs

Click a name to visit
Tag
Sal
Nelly
Tilly
Rosie
visit our other two blogs Deb's Funny Bits
Alport History

sitemeter

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ok lets do it

I get it I really do so for the world to know ....Tilly has gone to Sweden to live and from a sentimental prospective the timing wasn't perfect as we are all dog lovers and the idea that a breeder like me ( I will say me as Tilly's breeder seems to look to me as its all my fault ) will have a litter and then send Mum packing ....Yep I can see it doesn't sit to pretty but it wasn't immediately after the pup's were weaned ( 10 and half weeks) and Tilly being Tilly the maternal duties were done the time they were 6 weeks and it was back to playing and being just Tilly...The sentiment attached and is it ethical ....Well that's interesting as the biggest thing is that the most annoyed person as in Tilly's breeder wants to talk ethics when in fact that person has kept a bitch puppy for a year and then gave her away to a friend and then had her back for over a year and now has let her go again so in her 4 years she has had 3 homes ...So where do you draw the line about being ethical hey.
I have said my reasons for cutting back , rehoming call it what you will I also have probably kept some secrets there as well because frankly I don't want strangers to know absolutely everything that's going off personally..
But I also knew her breeder would kick off and I was prepared to put up with all the crap he could throw and that's a strong reason by any of the stretch of the imagination as no one want to be where I am at the moment...
Do I regret it well I already said No because I know that Tilly is already very settled and though like I have said we all love our dogs but they are dogs they don't question or reason. And it was the way it fell and not all planned out that we got on with it. Will I miss her well what is the point of explaining how I feel about it and I certainly am not going to bleat any hard luck story
We have seen they can be rehomed like Big Bear when he went to his new home and I guess being a responsible breeder how many homes doesn't come into the ethical as I agreed as his breeder to have him back off his owners, I couldn't keep him as we knew Tag was coming back so after several weeks he was rehomed and yep admit some emotion went into it but by all accounts after one or two hic-ups he is well and truly settled.
Do I care as a breeder well I have been very fortunate with the people we have as our dog owners including lovely Raif's folk who are on there 3rd Alport bred dogs ....So I think if I didn't care I wouldn't of had the opportunities to have spent time with these folk and seen our lovely dogs, the only thing being lack of time makes it hard at times.
Do we tick all the boxes I'm not really sure but we try to get it right, we do all the correct things as far as health tests and we micro chip and I try to stay in touch for updates and I think my blog makes that obvious as I really do enjoy seeing them grow up and if they do well in life not just in the show ring. But for me it really is worth all the hard work
As stated I cant keep doing it and have no desire to carry on breeding we have a fair few out there now and all over and internationally as well so what more could we want.
I don't think I have ever been out to prove anything or personally compete with anyone but I remain proud of what we have achieved and if this is annoying for some then its you that has a problem and to be honest we have had enough Shite go off in our own lives without sharing other peoples
As to the 10 puppies well yeah we planned it like that for Gods sake, being the greedy gits that we are.
Some people need to grow up and funny how they always point a finger at you when your breeding but don't regard the times when you didn't breed or things went terribly wrong.
So that's it nothing more to add or say, feel no need to justify, answer to or account for.

No comments:

News

  • We do count - I love the dogs and home life..But are we not all under pressure to make ends meet...Doesn't matter how much you earn extra you can spend it right. And I w...
    12 years ago